TAS – IIoT Service Platform
Configuration and device management
TAS stands for Turck Automation Suite. The IIoT platform enables you to get everything from your Turck device and benefit from a complete solution for updates, device management and smart sensors. Future TAS versions will offer extensive IIoT functions for services such as condition monitoring or edge control on PCs or local servers.
Turck's TAS version V1 simplifies the management and commissioning of Turck devices in Industrial Ethernet networks as well as ARGEE and BEEP applications. The IIoT platform TAS also enables you to carry out thorough feasibility studies for RFID systems.
Network View simplifies device configuration
TAS enables you to manage all Turck devices in your production network. The Network scan function finds all available Turck Ethernet devices in the network and displays the relevant device information directly. Network View also enables the issuing of IP addresses and passwords as well as the execution of firmware updates for all devices in the network. The device specific web pages of all Ethernet devices can be accessed directly from TAS.
Batch functions for rapid commissioning
Many of the Network View functions can also be performed as batch functions. This allows many devices to be updated and processed at the same time, thus saving a lot of time when commissioning and maintaining large networks – and all this without a PLC or a third-party software. The ability to export device networks in CSV format also simplifies documentation, collaboration and management.
The ARGEE logic software turns Turck's Ethernet I/O modules into IP67 logic controllers for use directly in the field (Field Logic Controller). This function is unique on the market to date. TAS allows you to load ARGEE programs conveniently on a group of devices in a batch process and manage them centrally.
Turck's Backplane Ethernet Extension Protocol “BEEP” helps you to reduce the number of IP addresses required in your industrial network. Up to 32 Turck IO devices can be accessed via the IP address of a BEEP master. TAS manages the configuration of BEEP networks as well as the import and export of BEEP configurations centrally and clearly.
IO-Link apps: using smart sensor functions
Applications (Apps) are TAS functions on the device level that can be run very easily with plug and play without any additional installation required. TAS V1 starts with five apps:
- IODD Configurator: IO-Link devices of all manufacturers can be parameterized via the IODD Configurator, which produces a graphical plot display of the IO-Link process data.
- Turck Radar Monitor: like the IODD Configurator, the Radar Monitor provides a graphical display of Turck Radar sensor data. Users can adjust filters, measuring windows and other parameters very easily to their particular application requirements.
RFID apps: UHF demo tools
The IIoT platform provides three UHF demo tools specially for RFID devices in TAS:
- Gate Applications simulates the bulk detection of tags in gate applications. The app checks whether all tags have been detected with sufficient certainty. Anyone who has ever had to assess a bulk detection operation manually knows how much time and effort this saves.
- Tag Trace enables users to determine the ideal start and stop times for optimum read and write processes in moving applications.
- Topics & Technologies
- Condition Monitoring
- Ethernet in Hazardous Locations
- Field Logic Controller
- Industrial Cloud
- Industry 4.0
- Machine Safety
- Modular Machines
- Module Type Package – MTP
- Multiprotocol Ethernet
- TAS – IIoT Service Platform